Monday, October 1, 2007

Hey, guys!

Hey, guys! This is Mrs. Ashe, and I want to welcome you to my first weblog! Honestly, I'm not sure what I'm doing...as I type this, my sons are making silly jokes about my lack of computer knowledge. But they don't know how to tap dance, so it's ok... :)

This blog is just for you, my students. I want you to post your thoughts about the daily topic, and then I will respond to you! This is just another way for us to communicate and become better readers and writers.

Are you ready? Well, here goes...

Can you tell me why my blog is called "The Bull Ring"?

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I really have no idea--and I'm not one of your students; but a fellow student in your online workshop. I do have a theory of why it is the bull ring. My theory is that you as the teacher are the matador. You are the one everyone came to see, watch, and learn from. You are the one that puts on the performance to dazzle and stun your audience. The audience in this case is two-fold. Part one would be that of the bull--your students. All teachers (thanks to video games) have to do a show or tap dance (no pun intended) to get the students' attention and keep them focused on the lesson at hand. Part two would be the fellow students of the workshop as the audience in the stands. We cheer you on, we "ooo" and "awww" as the bull tries to get his horns in and you valiantly avoid them. We cry if something happens to you as the matador. We cheer if you conquer the fear of the blog and technology (and the new technology we'll have to do next week) to not only do the assignments, but to do the assignments so well that the both parts of the audience takes notice. "O-lay" I know not the right spelling for this usage, but I don't speak or spell in Spanish!